We work with a lot of new businesses just getting started. Often the first requests we receive is for a logo and business cards, which just so happens to be the first and second on our list. Here is a short list of what we believe are the print and design ESSENTIALS for new businesses.
- Logo Design – We can’t stress enough the importance of a strong logo. A professionally designed logo shows your customers that you are serious about business. An attractive, unique, and meaningful logo can further set you apart and drive business.
- Business Cards – Although probably not the highest priority in terms of importance (see website) business cards are still a staple tool for networking and spreading the word of your new business.
- Website Design – A well designed, easy to navigate website that is optimized for search engines is essential for any serious business. Knowing your audience and the keywords they use to find your business will give you an additional advantage over your competitors. If you’re not familiar with SEO, seek the help of a professional.
- Local Directories and Social Media – Although not technically print or design, adding your business to all of the top local and non-local directories as well as all major social media sites is too important to not mention. See top
- Letterhead – Professionally designed letterhead should be used to keep a contestant look across all of you correspondence.
- Wall Graphics & Floor Graphics – Give your customers and/or employees (or yourself if you are a one-man show) something unique and cool to look at. Crafting a unique theme and a truly memorable experience is proven to increase sales.
If you believe we left something off, please add it to the comments section below!